Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Another Transfer Older

Hello One and All,

Well I guess some logistical stuff. I'll keep my eye out for the package, thanks for that. Thanks for the news on the various peeps, I can't believe David's almost done. I remember going out to lunch with him on his last day up in Provo. In regards to classes at BYU, I have no idea when that starts, I would imagine closer to the semester, I don't know. But yeah, I'll get some people on that.

So this was a good week. On Wednesday we got our first snow. Nothing stuck, and after about an hour it turned to rain, but it was magical enough that we've officially switched over to the Christmas tunes in the car. It was kind of crazy, some super rich member took the entire zone out to olive garden. It was my first time eating there, not gonna lie, I wasn't all that impressed, but a free meal is a free meal. And we were grateful regardless.

Afterwards we ran over to the therapists office because we thought we had an appointment, yeah turns out I'm crazy! But after an hour or so of waiting we figured out that it was the wrong day. But it was ok because we ended up meeting this less active lady who's trying to get her son on a mission and we told her what was up and what she needed to do and change. Lord works in mysterious ways.

Then on Saturday we had another snowy day, but again nothing stuck. Looks like we won't have a white thanksgiving this year, especially since today it feels like a Utah summer morning. Just a little chilly with some sun. But who knows, maybe we'll wake up to a winter wonderland.

Speaking of cold stuff, this last week we had to take a few days worth of glacial ice showers because I inadvertently turned off the hot water. But we're back to nice warm showers again.

There was a really fun branch activity last week for Thanksgiving. I don't think there was any turkey, but the food was still way good. There was this mole verde, oh goodness, so tasty. We had our part member family that we're working with come, and another investigator as well.

Speaking of the part member family. We had an FHE last night with them that was so much fun. We shared a spiritual thought and then played Uno with them. It was a great chance to loosen everyone up a little and just talk and have fun. Now we're good friends with the kids and that will help us out so much. They have a lot of potential.

Elder Anderson got a little sick last week so we were out of commission for a few days, but now we're back out hitting the pavement which is nice. I can't believe that this transfer is over all ready! This Saturday we'll find out about the new changes and I'll be sure to let yall know next week. Not too worried about change because I just got here and just opened the area, they'll probably leave me and Anderson here for a little while until things get more stable.

Well thank you everyone for all you do to support me. I hope everyone has a great and happy Thanksgiving filled with binge eating and quality family time.

Love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment