Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012

Hello One and All,

Well, the new year has finally arrived, which makes the end of my mission seem shockingly close. But that's ok, I still have plenty of time to buckle down and get some good work done. This last week we put one of our investigators on date, she has 4 children of baptismal age, and a nephew who lives there also, so this could potentially be a sextuple baptism. That would be way cool. The cool thing about this investigator is that she has recognized the change that the spirit has brought into her home. We are hoping for some good things from them.

Dad, in regards to you and mom visiting ...my mission president had this to say:

"Elder Richards, Thank you for your letter and hard work. As to your question, I do not have a problem with your family coming to the field at the end of your mission as long as you avoid contact with other missionaries. That can be a serious distraction. With love, President." So there you have it, it is approved.

It's really hard to believe that the transfer is almost over. This saturday we will get the calls telling us what the changes will be. And there will for sure be some changes in our district, which is derived of the sister missionaries Elder Anderson and myself. (I included a few pics of the district). I really hope that I get to continue working here for a little while longer, it would really be great to get to see the fruits of all the great seeds we've been planting. Especially with the Ramos family and Yhon and a few other awesome people I've been privaldged enough to get to know during my time here.

New Years was pretty fun, we went to a small branch activity and played some games. During a game of musical chairs Elder Anderson and I got into a small tussel and things escelated quickly, but that's ok, all is well in the companionship. A good time was had by all.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well, and hopefully everyone has some great resolutions. Mine is to write in my journal every night, thankyou for the sound rebuking Mike. I'm taking it to heart.

Love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment