Monday, November 23, 2009

Dial "D" for Dinner

Last night I had inner at my friends Ellen and Haley's apartment. The intent of the dinner was so that Ellen could meat our mutual friend Jessica's new fiance. They've been dating for about two months and have a date set for January second. Crazy fast right? Well Ellen was very much upset when she found out about this, marriage frightens her you see. So it was Ellen and her boyfriend Brian (fun fact he's a pretty cool cat), Jessica and her fiance Josh, and Haley, and myself. Haley made bread sticks, Ellen made Manacotti, Jessica and Josh brought some kind of salad, and I baked a cake. Yeah I'm pretty much a stud when it comes to baking cakes now a days. On a different thought thread I baked a cake on friday for Ellen's suprise party. I also put up the streamers, I'm quite the little party designer. Anywho. So the dinner conversation was allright, mostly consisting of the various mile stones of Josh and Jessica's courtship. They have both prayed about it, and the families are on board, so as long as they're happy I guess, but I still say it's very fast. After cake (and can I get a ruling on this, am I the only one who thinks the idea of putting btterscotch pecan, or something like that, icing on a cake is disgusting?) we played phase 10. It's kind of funny, I've only ever used phase 10 cards to play the wonderful game of werewolf. If you are unaware of what werewolf is, just know this, it is one of the greatest games ever invented. At this point Jessican and Josh had to leave. So it dropped down to the usual hangout group of Ellen, Brian, Haley, and myself. We kind of watched The Mummy, but about half way through Haley just shared hilarious videos with me on her computer. At the end of the night when Haley and I went down to her car so she could give me a ride home, her car wouldn't start. The engine wouldn't even turn over, nothing. So it was looking like I was going to end up just staying on their couch that night. But then it ended up we borrowed a roommate's car and I was able to get home. That in a nutshell was my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment