Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Basterd's Work is Never Done...

So this is finals week. Almost time to take the long drive home to Texas. I have three finals down and two to go. I will be doing those on Thursday so tomorrow will be my study study study day. In between my frantic cramming I decided to treat myself to an early Christmas present, a movie that has been rocketed into my top ten. Inglourious Basterds. Now then, don't go judging me too harshly, it is Christmas after all. I actually wrote my final film analysis about this movie. I would post the five page paper that I am very proud of, however the analysis contains plot points that are not for the faint of heart. Quentin Tarantino is hands down one of my favorite directors and this has to be the greatest movie he has made in my opinion. It just barely squeaks past his Kill Bill saga on my list. For anyone who has been previously mistaken, Inglourious Basterds is not a world war 2 movie. It is a spaghetti western that takes place in Nazi occupied France. It is absolutely brilliant. Tarantino even takes the gutsy step to have the last line in the movie be: "I do believe this is my masterpiece..." This is a movie that I would recommend to anyone and everyone. If you are opposed to R rated content, (Language and Violence) check it out edited, it has already been booked to play on the TNT network in a year or two. This is just a movie that needs to be seen.
5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment