Monday, February 8, 2010

The Life and Times of an Aspiring Spider

Well, this past weekend was pretty good.
Friday Afternoon: My group in theater picked which play to produce. Not mine, but I am ok with that because the educated people in my group gave it a vote, and my T.A. gave it a shout out recommending that people read it because it was good. That is enough recognition and praise for me. The play we did pick was the one I wanted though, so I am happy. It is essentially a continuation of A Farewell to Arms. I also got the part I really wanted. I play the spider after whom the play is named: "The Eency Weency Spider." I am a figment of the main characters imagination that is representative of him and his state of earthly detachment, not to mention his possible madness. So I am very happy about that. I have been doing a ton of spider research and watching footage of them to try and come up with a really abstract and unique way to move around the stage. Should be pretty cool.
Friday night: Friday night I was at some friends' apartment on my own working. After an hour or two Brittany came home and we ended up chilling on the couch while I introduced her to the tv show How I Met Your Mother. That was pretty cool. Then we went to another apartment and watched the classic Singin in the Rain. I then proceeded to do laundry at two in the morning, but it was entertaining because a party broke out at the laundromat.
Saturday: I played the part of the "Gay Best Friend" in helping the girls dress shop for a dance that was going on that night. This basically consisted of me trashing various dresses they looked at, if Hollywood has taught me anything it's that that is what gays do.
Saturday Night: I went and saw the play Tartuffe on campus. It was AMAZING! It was Tartuffe meets Cirque de Sole meets Tim Burton. It was extremely well done. And one of the actresses was absolutely gorgeous. After that I went to the previously mentioned dance looking like a stud. So it was a big surprise to my friends because they did not think I was going. It was pretty fun. After the dance I went to my friend Wes's apartment and we chilled there till about 2. Then we went over the the girls' apartment and stole their oven door using a key I had previously stolen. Regrettably the next day Wesley cracked under their interrogation and gave us up.
Sunday: Church, nap, super bowl, studying, bed.
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment