Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Troubles of Acting

Well, rather than outline a discussion for my Mission Prep class I am writing this. Wow, it has been a long time. Two, three weeks? Regardless, my apologies to my avid readers....right. Well since last time plenty has happened, I don't recall if I had previously mentioned that I went to a big audition for a bunch of student films. It was a pretty fun audition. And apparently I did very well, because I was just offered my third part, so that's three student films that I am in this semester. Not to mention the play I am in for my theater class. It is pretty exciting. This will be a great semester as far as getting experience goes. And experience is what I need currently. This third film I am in presents a challenge though, it will require that I cry. For those of you who knew me at home it is no secret that all you had to do was put me behind a microphone at fast and testimony meeting to get me blubbering, which is why I cannot recall the last time I did so. But other than that, I don't cry. I'm not saying I am Mr. Macho (I mean I am, but I'm not bragging about it) I just don't like doing it. It is not my natural response to things. So, I am going to need to find something that does it for me, but the question is what is it? Obviously there are the natural assumptions like imagining the death of a loved one or something. Anyone got any suggestions? But regardless, I am looking forward to it, because in this field of work that's something I need to know how to do. It is kind of funny, children fall or become upset and they respond by crying. Boys at a certain age learn that it is no longer appropriate so they teach themselves not to cry. It takes a while but they do it. Now I have to reteach myself how to cry. Some kind of irony or something...

3 comments:

  1. why do I feel like there's some kind of quote about crying and they said they'd imagine so and so dying but then they'd smile and ruin it. haha I've got it: Copper dying. count it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrested Development. I used to use dad's death to get me going, I tried mom one time but I would just end up smiling. And do not even suggest things like Copper dying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? Smiling about my demise?!? Go figure! Ok ...think about when your best friend moved away or having to start BYU in the summer and leaving all your friends behind. Does that get the tear drops flowing???

    ReplyDelete