Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hola

Well this was a good week. Not as good for numbers, but I expected that after the phenomenal week we had before that. One thing that is actually pretty cool, I just got out of the temple. It was our zone's day to go do a session. So that was pretty fantastic. Afterwards, because it is a rare thing to get to be in "big city" that is Kennewick we ran around to do a little shopping. I got some really cheap Trump ties, and then some super cheap new Cleats.

At the start of last week we had a cool service opportunity. We helped Elder Price (the guy we live with) tag some fresh born calves. The new calves need to be vaccinated and then have there ear tag put on. Mom, you're probably not going to like this, but my job was to keep momma cow off of Elder Price while he tagged the calf. I had an axe handle (3 1/2 foot very dense wood) and I had to beat the mom back with it. It was a little bit terrifying, but that's ok it was fun. Also I got to hit a very angry cow in the face several times.

This last week I had leadership training for two days. That was a lot of fun, I learned a lot and it has helped out the work. It also gave me the chance to see my old buddies from Hermiston.

I'll be conducting my first baptismal interview tonight for one of the Hermanas' investigators, so I'm hoping that goes all right.

We did a lot of tracting this week. Had a really good lesson yesterday with this younger girl (20-21) named Corrina. She's dating a Mormon and wants to learn more. We tracted into her last week. I don't know how good her boyfriend is, but it sounds like his mom is a good example and keeps inviting her to church. I can see good things happening with her in the future.

Well, I guess that's everything note worthy of the week. I know it sounds kind of slow, but it was a good week where we worked a lot. Thanks everyone for letters and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment