Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Close of Another Transfer








First off congrats to mom, you caught me in time, that was a close one.

Well, transfers have come and the big news is as follows: Elder Bao will be training here in Basin City and Connell. And I am getting transferred to the Vancouver West Zone. So there it is. My new comp's name is Elder Diaz, I've never met him, but he was in the latest mission news letter so he's pretty new I think. I guess I'll be greeny busting him.

I've really enjoyed my time here in Pasco, it's a little sad to go, I had a lot of success here and made a lot of friends, but I am excited to see Vancouver and some rain. The last few days we have been running around saying my goodbyes. It always feels nice to see people and how you've affected their lives. I guess for clarity sake I'll write down the baptisms we had while I was here: Maria Elaina, Alberto, Pablo, Adrian, Eli, Caily, Joan, and Zenaida. In the following transfer Bao's greeny will take part in the baptisms of Sara, Salvador, Maira, Alonzo, and Donna. This is a pretty fantastic area. The members help us out a lot and the people are very missionary minded. I'll be real bummed to miss Salvador's baptism, we tried to get it to work out to baptize him tonight before I leave, but his parents are really resistant which is unfortunate. I gave him my Houston Dynamo shirt to remember me by, and then he gave me a soccer ball from the pumas (his favorite mexico team) with different things he wrote all over it, it was really cool.

I guess transfers were probably the biggest news this week, nothing else really comes to mind. So I'll attach some pictures and call it a week. Thanks everyone for the emails, Whit, just the other day I was wondering what it was you would do during the days, now I know. Dad, Happy Father's day! Everyone else, I love you and think about you. Take care, the next time you hear from me I will probably be wet. (Because of all the rain in vancouver).

Love,

Elder Richards

p.s. more pics next week, now I'm out of time

No comments:

Post a Comment