Monday, February 13, 2012

Kind Of A Bleh Week

Hello One and All,

So first off, Mom, I got the money and the package, thanks very much! Another item of business for Mike, I met one Scott McDaniels. He served in Toreon the same time as you and showed me a picture he had of you in his mission phone book thingy. He said he didn't really know you, just of you. Also that you were widely recognized as being from Hawaii. He said he was an AP for a month or so, so maybe you remember him. Crazy, 2 guys in the same area that served around both brothers. The best connection I can come up with for Whit is that I ate with a nice old Russian lady the other day. She was so excited when I said the two Russian words I know. She made us some sort of cake, I don't know how to spell it, I had her write it down for me, but it uses characters that aren't on the English keyboard.

So this last week was mildly uneventful, I got a little sick the last few days so we only went to our set appointments, and the rest of the time I napped trying to kick the cold. It seems to be pretty much gone now which is good. I finished a beanie, and began another scarf, (all during down time, not work time.) Today we are going to Walla Walla for a zone Pday, and truth be told I'm not too excited about it, but that's alright, I'm sure it will be great.

This last week I got to go down to Boardman. It was good to go back for a day. It turned out that Eloisa (a girl I taught and baptized) was having a really hard time and said she needed to talk with me, so Elder Hardy told her he would bring me the next day, she didn't believe him because she didn't know I was so close. So we got permission from the DL and off I went. She was surprised to see me. It was good to see her and her two kids again; Jessie and Jade even remembered me which made me feel good. We spent most of the day visiting with her and talking things out, she's having a tough time right now. We also made the rounds to a few other people I know. It turns out the Castaneda’s are moving back to Boardman, hopefully before I finish so mom and dad can meet them, they are an awesome family that really helped me out when I first started out. We also went by a less active family I used to work with. They were happy to see me and we had fun catching up. We also helped them pail putrid water out of a broken washing machine. A good time was had by all.

This last week and a half I have used the priesthood a lot! I've cleansed two houses of bad spirits. Given a blessing of comfort to a girl having similar problems, and a blessing of health to a very sick investigator, it’s been crazy. We are currently helping our investigator Lisa try and get her husband back in the states. It's a lot of paper work and is frustrating, but we are keeping at it.

Life here in Hermiston is good. Nothing too bad that needs complaining about, hope everyone has a great week!

Mucho amor,

Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment