Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Here We Go Again

Hello One and All,

Well transfer calls came in on Saturday with news that no one expected. I am being transferred back to Boardman, and Diaz is being transferred back to Vancouver. So we're both going to our greeny areas. Crazy. I head out tomorrow morning. My new comp is E. Hardy. He's a pretty cool guy, I've hung out with him this last transfer, he's not a Spanish elder, so I'll be doing a lot of Spanish talking this next six weeks. I'm moving back into my old digs at Sis. Hoffman's house. Hopefully I can readjust to living in someone else's house quickly It's been quite some time since I lived in members' homes. Crazy Crazy Crazy. At the end of this next transfer I'll have spent 6 months in that little town, this time round I have a pretty good hold on the language so hopefully I'll be able to do some good there.

The last few days were spent running around saying goodbyes. But it's not too much like goodbyes because I'll be only a stone's throw away, I mean I'm in the same stake for Pete’s sake. Lisa, one of our most promising investigators took it pretty hard that we are both leaving; she's in a real tough time of life right now trying to get her husband back up here (immigration issues). Hopefully things work out for her. She wants me to baptize her, so if I'm still in Boardman when that time comes I'll come down to do that.

Other really cool news is that Griselda Ramos (the mother of the two kids we baptized in Kennewick) got baptized on Saturday. That just leaves the oldest daughter. Her husband baptized her and it sounded like it was a great experience for everyone. As for the rest of my time here in Hermiston, tonight we have a few more visits to make, and this afternoon we will be spending time with our good friend Freddy Alva. Have a great week everyone.

Love,

Elder Richards
p.s. Some pictures of our adventures in the plex.




No comments:

Post a Comment