Monday, June 25, 2012

All Right Everyone Let's Do This One More Time

Hello One and All,

Wow, I can't believe I'm in my last transfer. Crazy crazy crazy, but push to the end right? So it has been a pretty crazy week. First off I'm being transferred. I know right? I'm being doubled into Benton City as the first spanish elders to work there, so it should be interesting. So much for living out the rest of my days in ease, looks like it's work work work. So until further notice my official address is:

Elder Stephen Richards
8202 w Quinalt Ave. Ste D
Kennewick, WA 99336

Like I said this week has been pretty crazy. So first a miracle story. Elders Broadhead, Weeks, and I had Elder Dyas with us on exchanges and we went out to the China Buffet for dinner. It was a pretty gross meal that consisted of left overs from the lunch buffet. As we were standing up to leave a woman sitting behind us asks us if we are business men or something, we explain that we are missionaries and she takes off talking all about how great Jesus is, she was very Pentecostal. While she is preaching to Elder Dyas and I, one of the chinese waiters walks up and asked Weeks and Broadhead where the church is at. He spoke very little english so communication was difficult. They kind of explained where the church was, but really all they could figure out was that this waiter was very excited to have a couple of mormons in his restaurant. He kept saying he wanted something, but he couldn't figure out the word for it. So he pulls out his smart phone and keys it into google translate and hands the phone to weeks saying "I want this". The definition on the phone says "baptize; to be baptized". So naturally we are freaking out about this, we hurry and get Elder Ng on the phone to confirm or clarify what this man is trying to tell us, and sure enough he has read the book of mormon and wants us to baptize him. Now we are working with our Manderin speaking Young Men's president to teach him the lessons. The funny thing was that as Dyas and I finally extricated ourselves from the pentacostal lady she said "I felt compelled to talk to you guys." Thankfully she did, otherwise the waiter wouldn't have had time to come talk to us.

We had a church tour on Friday, that no body came to with the exception of one family, but it was still a good event, and that family came to church on sunday, so it was good.

One of the crazy news was that Elder Tutttle was called to be the new AP. We've all been telling him it will happen, and it finally did. So he left saturday morning which was a bummer. So now our quatro is down to a trio.

I ship out on wedensday morning. Elder Weeks is also getting transferred. Elder Bao (my old comp) will become the new zone leader here. And weeks and I will not be replaced, we are currently under staffed so the fourpanionships are going away for a little while.

I love you all mucho and hope everyone has a great week.

Love

Elder RIchards

No comments:

Post a Comment