Monday, July 2, 2012

Benton City ...Familiar


Hello One and All,

Well to start things off, transfers went pretty well. Getting to see all my old buddies at the transfer site was pretty awesome. When I got to the tri cities I was with out a companion for a little bit. So I ran around with President Greer which was cool I suppose. He told me rich lawyer stories! And he also told me about the rich guys that he home teaches here in tri cities. One of whom has his own personal racquetball court, which I plan to visit soon.

Bnton City is pretty cool. It really reminds me of each of my past areas, but that just might be because I'm getting nostalgic. It's small, not the smallest I've been in. And it really feels like Basin City, Irrigon, Connell, and Boardman all rolled into one. There's even a few parts that feel like Vancouver. Elder Calder, my new companion, is awesome. He's from Bear Lake Utah, and has been out for about 10 1/2 months. He is way cool, and we have a lot of fun together which is nice. So we're always cracking up and having a good time while we're out working.

We're not the first missionaries in the area, but we are the first spanish speaking missionaries. So all the members are pretty excited about that. There is a lot of excitement and everyone wants to help out which is nice. There's a lot of good potential here. We've found 4 spanish families to teach. And we have a few english investigators as well. We have a young man Zach on date for the 14th. He's super golden, he shared his testimony at church yesterday. Missionaries started working with him about 1-2 weeks ago. So we are pretty excited about everything that's going on.

We live with a nice old lady. She does our laundry which is pretty convenient. We mow her lawn in return. Our small side area of the house makes me feel like I am in a hotel, especially the smell, which reminds me a lot of when I was working at my old job. Again, that might just be nostalgia though.

I'm a district leader again, so that was a surprise. My district is me and Calder, and then Tom and Nielson, who serve in another small town called Prosser. Tom is cool, he was in my MTC group, and Nielson flew out with us, but since he's english he is one transfer behind us. So yeah, we are a pretty old district.

I'll send some pictures next week of our 4th activites. Hopefully everyone is doing well, and have a happy 4th of July.

Love,

Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment