Monday, July 23, 2012

Winding Up To Wind Down

Kathy Richards Message flagged Monday, July 23, 2012 1:33 PM Hello One and All, So to start off, the picture is of this ridiculously loud bell we found outside a door saying "impaired hearing, use hanging bell or knock loud, thanks!" It made me think of getting one for mom...and to answer your question in the picture the member sent, that is my current and final companion. He's killin' me off right. So another good week passed on by. We have taught a ton and been running all over benton city. The spanish work is booming. One cool experience we had was that we knocked into a woman named Maria who spoke little spanish, she spoke a dialect called Mysteca, from Mexico. We went back yesterday for our appointment, and she knew enough spanish that we were able to have a really good discussion with her. The spirit was pretty strong, I always like it when there is a need to keep things simple, like when teaching a child, or someone who doesn't speak spanish or english. We also found a woman while tracting. Something of a miracle because she was on the verge of moving into a shelter due to inability to pay rent. We've since gotten her into contact with the church and she is receiving help and coming to church as well. Now then, I can tell the difference between someone using the church and someone who legitimately needs help and doesn't want to take advantage of the situation (probably because I run into both instances a lot working with hispanics). She's a tiny little thing that is suffering from health problems, hopefully we can help out. Zone Conference was way cool. My last which was a little strange, but it went well and I enjoyed myself. Seeing all the old homies and whatnot. Gave my departing testimony which was strange. This friday I'll be having my exit interview with President Greer, so everything is wrapping up nicely. But I'm still working my tail off. Happy Bday to Eric, hope it was a good one. Happy Bday to Jacob(?) hopefully. Can't wait to see everybody again, have a good week and keep on keeping on. The church is true, the book is blue. Love, Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment