Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Locked Behind an Unlocked Door

Hello One and All,


What a week. So life continues to get crazier and crazier the closer I get to the end. But I am doing my best to end on top. And both my awesome companion, and the awesome area in which I am serving are definitely helping me out with that goal.

Zack's baptism went splendidly. It was probably the least amount of stress I've had about a baptism. Something always goes wrong, but not this time. The speakers were great (and brief) the baptism was good, the half time was good, a huge crowd showed up, everything went awesome. When all was said and done we got the whole service started and finished in just under a half hour. It was perfect. And he got confirmed on sunday, now everything seems to be on the up and up for zack. His mom was able to come to the confirmation which was good.

As we were out tracting on saturday we stumbled upon a yard sale one of our investigators was having. We had just had the baptism, so we treated ourselves to a miniature pool table for the low price of a dollar. So sunday evening once all the reporting responsibilities were done, we had quite the pool tournament.

I also accidentally broke our door (going from our bedroom to bathroom/kitchen area). But fortunately an expired student ID makes for a good lock picker whenever the door got accidentally shut. Last night we installed the new door knob so all is well with that again.

We had an awesome lesson with one of our investigators in which we taught the doctrine of Christ. The spirit was super strong, and she was teary eyed most of the time. She kept talking about how she wanted to change and be one of those people that goes to church and does the right thing. We told her how those big changes are done through little things. Going to church, reading the scriptures, praying. Hopefully we can help her make those changes.

This week I will be having my last zone conference, which means I will be giving my departing testimony. I'm excited about it I guess, but also I am struggling to believe it is actually happening.

Well, I love you all, and hope all is well. This message I am teaching is true, and I am excited to spend the next 2 1/2 weeks dedicating every moment to sharing it.

Love,
Elder Richards


No comments:

Post a Comment