Monday, July 30, 2012

The Last Week

Hello One and All, Well, it's pretty crazy that I'm finally in the last week of my mission. It's happy and sad all at once, but mostly I am at peace with the idea that it is time to move on to the next chapter of my life. Really the only frustrating part left is how every night at dinner when people ask me how long I've been out I have to say oh, I have x amount of time left, (because it's easier than saying 23.whatever months). But oh well, I suppose I can't complain. Last week was a good one. We stacked cheese as far as lessons are concerned, and I'm hoping to do a repeat of it this week so I can go out on top. We found a lot of solid and good investigators as well. It's pretty crazy how much we've gotten done in the transfer we've been here. We've greatly expanded the teaching pool and found a lot of really cool people. I wish I could have spent some more time here to really establish some close relationships with the people. The members are awesome (for the most part) and the hispanic investigators are the bombs. The bishop here is a younger guy, really cool family. We drive past his house at least once a day because it's on the main street. They are always having pool parties, literally every day. And on saturday night we drove past and the pool was packed to capacity and a sheet was hung on the side of the house for an outdoor pool movie projector. That one was hard on me, but that's ok, I'll have plenty of time for things like that in a week. In the mean time I am getting stuff done. We've also taken to visiting yard sales on saturdays, because saturday afternoons are pretty well dead, so we go where the people are, and check out fun trinkets along the way. On sunday I came down with something, I'm not sure what it was but I felt terrible, but Elder Calder helped me push along till the end of the day, I went to bed a little early and now I feel much better, so there'll be nothing in my way. Well, the time just flies. I'll send out my last letter next week. Love yall and have a good week. Love, Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment