Friday, September 21, 2012

Well, I'm Back.

I've been putting off returning to my blog. I feel like I've needed to wait for some sort of huge profound knowledge to throw down and blow some minds. Share some sort of heart wrenching tale from the mission, a valuable life lesson learned, how I'm a completely different person than before, but at the same time the exact same person. But this isn't an obituary. I don't need to be particularly loquacious and impressive, this blog isn't about impressing. Heck it doesn't really have a purpose apart from providing me a means of creative outlet. So, just like my return to the dating scene, I'm going to take things slow. My current state of character can be observed over the coming weeks and months.

So, I'm back.

Now for what this blog has become (or rather, would become, if anyone read it) famous for, movies. Last night I took a frolic down memory lane by watching the age old classic that is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That's right, from 1990. They don't make movies like that anymore. Cheesy, rubbery costumes. Forhead slapping puns. 80's lingo such as "tubular", "radical", and Master Splinter's favorite: "cawabunga!" Alright Master Splinter! Not to mention awesome fights with ninjas and teens weilding hockey sticks. With such timeless elements, it's a wonder how anyone could not love this movie. There was also an interesting debate with one of the more intelectual roommates about at what rate the turtles age compared to humans, and whether or not the term Teenage was actually acurate. Yeah, serious stuff. At any rate I realize this holds no importance to anyone, including myself, it's just what is currently on my mind because it happened last night. Good movie. It's cheesy, it's dumb, it's awesome. If you haven't seen it go grab you're old leg warmers and get ready for some post 80's greatness.

So yeah, I'm back. Here's to what I'm sure will be a long and happy acquantanceship internet community.

2 comments:

  1. 2nd one is better- come on vanilla ice? the ninja rap?? good times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 comes later tonight. Go ninja go ninja Go!

    ReplyDelete