Saturday, August 7, 2010

The First Letter

Hello All,

So, thank you everyone who wrote letters. They really do brighten one's day. Today is Saturday and it is my temporary PDay (preparation day ...the day where I get to write letters, do laundry, clean my room, etc.). My normal PDay is on Friday but I don't start my normal schedule until next Monday. It's true what they say around here, the days are weeks and the weeks are days. It is hard to believe that tomorrow is Sunday. The Lord definitely blesses missionaries. I've been learning Spanish for a day and a half tops, and I can already pray, testify, and make contacts. Also, each day more and more of what I learned in high school Spanish is brought to my memory.

It's amazing how much the Elderes y Hermanas care for each other here. My companion is a big ol' Tongan. He is way nice and we get along really well. I have two sets of Elders in my room and the four of us all get along really well and are all fresh to the MTC and all going to the Kennewick mission together. I'm really excited to work with them in the mission field. My district is extremely awesome, there are 8 Elderes y 3 Hermanas. Well, I think that just about covers it. I spend most of my time in the class room thus far. I'll fill y'all in on my schedule and stuff when it becomes a normal routine next week. Please remember to keep us in your prayers. Thanks for all of your support, and I love you all.

Love,
Elder Stephen Richards

1 comment:

  1. I have to apologize for taking so long to begin posting Stephen's letters. I was a little unsure of policy, but since this is a private blog open only to family and close friends I will go ahead. I will be careful though with what I include and will edit comments that are of a sensitive or personal nature as well as names of those he is working with to protect their privacy.

    ReplyDelete