Friday, September 24, 2010

Muy Muy Casi

How is everyone doing? Thanks for the letter Dad and Mike and Grandpa. Other than those on Monday, it's been kind of a letter draught for a while. But that's ok. Well things are good. We got our flight plans last night, and I'm out of here a week from Tuesday! 10 days, oh man, almost there. I can not wait. We leave the MTC Tuesday morning at 8:00 I think, and then we fly straight to Pasdo(?). It was something like that. I don't remember because I don't have the print out with me at the moment. And then from there either a church representative or someone from the mission will come pick us up. I assume it'll be the President and his wife, but we will see in 10 days.

The other real cool news is that I got into the special choir going to priesthood session next weekend. So I'll get to go to conference and be on the stand. All the men keep an eye out during the special musical numbers. My companion Elder Hansen is also going, along with two others from our district.

Oh a question for Dad: when it comes to buying a bike in Washington, I assume I should just use my debit card on that? Mike and Jess, thanks for the letter, my teacher got a kick out of some of your stories. Also that's pretty crazy about all the various accidents with the kids. I hope everyone is doing all right. Congrats to Ben for moving up with the smart kids. Whit, your reception looked good. My favorite picture is the one of everyone jumping. Eric, I hope all goes well with your travels and time in Iraq. (Actually Stephen ...he'll be in Afghanistan!) Mom and Dad, how's the ward doing? Still mostly children ...primary aged kids? So, what are the goings on in every body's life? Whit and Cody, how goes the settling into the apartment?

I've been reading a lot of the BoM the last few days because I'm trying to finish it before I leave the MTC. I'm rediscovering some of my favorite passages, for example 2 Nephi 22. Love it. The gift of the spirit is fantastic. Those crazy Isiah chapters make a fair amount of sense this time round.

Well, I love you all and appreciate your love and support. I can't really think of anything else major that has gone on around here. Oh, this last Wednesday I hosted new missionaries. That means I was the guy at the curb who dragged the missionaries away from the crying mothers. They weren't too bad, but there were still plenty of tears. Very different from my drop off experience which consisted of: "Well, thanks for the ride Whit. I'll see ya in 2 years." And then skipping off. I guess not everyone is as stoic as our family. But yes, I am very excited to leave. The MTC is great, but I can't wait to get out there and teach real people and do real things. I am super excited. I love you all. Thanks for your love and support. Keep an eye out for me at conference.

Love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment