Friday, October 1, 2010

The Last MTC Email

Happy October Everyone!

Thanks to all who wrote letters, they really do brighten one's day here. Now then, the last week was longer than all the others, but it's been good. We've had a slightly different schedule around here, what with departure meetings and whatnot. We're all very excited for conference. Be sure to keep an eye out for me. I'm really excited to attend in person for the first time. Singing in conference, this is truly a once in a life time experience.

Speaking of church leadership, I got a chance to watch Pres. Monson's talk from the Relief Society broadcast (on Joy Shaerrer's recommendation) and it was phenomenal. So I highly encourage any one who reads this and hasn't seen it to go check it out at lds.org, or mormon.com, whichever site it's at. (Speaking of the Schaerrers, mom, could you thank Joy for me for the letter she sent. Let her know I'll be responding when life becomes less crazy.)

Now a belated happy birthday to Mom and Dad, I hope it was great. If they haven't arrived yet yall should each be getting a letter from me soon. I don't know how dependable yalls mail lady is. Tell Elder Hall hello for me, also, one of the Hermanas in my district Hermana Van Taendren is going to Houston South. So if you ever see the Spanish sisters go say hello and see if it's her. I'm sure she'll have a story or two about me to share with yall. Before I forget, mom and dad: on Tuesday I will have the chance to call yall from the airport before leaving. I report to the travel office at 8 in the morning so I'll probably get to the airport at 9:30 or 10 maybe. So I guess just be available Tuesday morning. I look forward to having a quick chat.

I hosted again this week. It was fun, the mothers weren't too upset so that was good. This past week I have had several personal English fasts where I go 24 hours of only speaking Spanish. They're certainly a challenge, but they really do make a difference. We had a great experience at the temple today. I look forward to my first temple session off the mission.

Today we got word on the audition some of us did a month or so ago. So it turns out we'll be singing at the departure devotional this Sunday. So they finally called us in. Alright, that's all I have to report on. But I have a homework assignment for all the immediate family: I leave Tuesday morning, so I ask that all of you write me through dearelder one last time before I leave the MTC. For some of you this won't be an issue I know, but I would really appreciate it if I could here from yall one last time.

Thank you so much everyone for your love and support I love you all dearly and pray for you daily. I cannot wait to get out there in Washington and start doing some good. It's been a long 2 months, and I can't wait for the rest of my mission to begin.

Love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment