Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hola

Hello one and all,
Ok, so first of all sorry for not emailing yesterday. On Monday during district conference we were told that President and Sister Greer were coming to town yesterday to do interviews, so our Pday got bumped to today. Sorry if that caused any concerns. So, my week has been pretty good. We have a few baptisms coming up, Eloisa next Friday and Bob (the guy in fossil) Nov. 6th. Life in the field is good. Thank you very much mom for talking with Ricardo and Haley, I do appreciate it. Unfortunately off the top of my head I do not know the members address I live with. I'll get that to yall next week, and it's looking like I'll be here for at least another transfer, So I'll probably be here for a while.

I'm glad you enjoyed the old senior video mom. That was a lot of fun to make. I remember when he put it up on YouTube copyright people made him take down the original credit sequence which was really cool, so hopefully he got to put up the original.

So yeah, I have my bike, but we don't use bikes here, so it's in the garage. Some other area though I'm sure it'll come in handy, speaking of purchases. On Monday I bought a pretty nice GPS at walmart for just under 100. I was wondering if maybe I could get reimbursed as a early Christmas present? It will definitely help me out. So one fear I have, it's a very good chance that I'll be training next transfer. I'd get a Spanish elder who has 6 weeks less of Spanish experience than me, and I would be in charge. So that's kind of a terrifying concept, but we'll see what the Lord wants in a few weeks.

So Elder Montoya goes home at the end of this transfer, and it turns out that he's from Houston, only about 40 min away from us, in Humble. So I'll give him the phone number and address, and if yall want you can have him over for dinner some time and hear about the area I'm in. Should be fun, and he says he'd like to meet yall.

President Greer says the other elders I came in with are doing good, Elders Tom and Hansen. Dad to answer your questions, we do our laundry at the members home we live in, we email in a library, and we only drive. I'm in the Hermiston area and living in Boardmen. So far on Pdays we've just taken it easy in Boardmen. Today we picked apples in the backyard for the Olsens (our "host" family). The fruit here is very good and fresh. I had several apples while working, then we washed the car and that's been about it so far. Next week we're going to go to Hermiston for zone pday and that should be pretty fun. The work is about 60/40 when it comes to English to spanish. Mostly in English, but there's still plenty of Spanish to have. Well, I think that just about covers everything, I love you all and thank you for the emails mom and dad and Grandpa. In the mean time I probably better write president. Les amo.

No comments:

Post a Comment