Friday, October 8, 2010

Heads up ...we've got (snail) mail!

Hello all, I made it to Washington alright. As of right now I am in the AP's (Area President's) apartment with maybe 20ish other missionaries. Tomorrow is transfer day so we'll get our trainers then. I'm the only newbie going to the Boardman area/Hermiston Zone, that's in Oregon. I'm way excited because my trainer (Elder Montoya) is a native speaker. I can't wait to meet him tomorrow.

I absolutely love my Mission President and his wife. They are so loving. When we got to the airport they were there to meet us and send off 15 missionaries. It was really neat to see all the teary eyed missionaries leave. It was cool, we flew in on this tiny plane. Also we got to see the Colombia River Temple. It is so beautiful. I got some awesome pictures.

Tuesday is our P. Day (Preparation Day) for future reference. It's the day when we clean our apartment, shop, do laundry and write letters, etc. Well, I need to go get a shower in before lights out. Oh , before I forget ...for packages they have to be sent U.S. Postal Priority Mail because UPS, FedEx, or DHL can't be forwarded from the mission office to the missionaries. Which apparently is where we're supposed to get our mail from. Once I find out my address letters can be sent directly to my apartment. I'll clarify that with my trainer tomorrow.

Anywho I have to go, but it was so good talking to yall today. Sorry I couldn't say good bye to you Mom. I love yall so much, and thank you for your sacrifices.

Love,
Elder Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment