Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Greetings from Pasco

First some quick business, in case you didn't get the snail mail, my new address is 520 Center St. Basin City, WA. 99343. Let the receiving of mail begin!

Well life is pretty good I'd say. I got to Pasco on Wednesday and met my new comp Elder Powell. He came into the field one transfer behind me so we're both pretty new. We are both each others' first Gringo comp. His trainer was from El Salvador, and of course I had a Mexican and a Peruvian for companions. My new companion is absolutely awesome and he is a super hard worker. It's kind of funny the way he talks and his overall personality really remind me of Jeffrey Clutter. We get along real good, like I said, he's a really cool guy.

Almost instantaneously with being paired up with Powell, both of our Spanish has HUGELY improved. It's really cool I can speak and understand soo much better, the Lord definitely blesses us with the gift of tongues. This area is technically a zebra area but I can count on one hand how many English lessons I've done since I got here. We cover five units ...3 wards and two Spanish branches. It's kind of a steep learning curve after covering only one ward. But the members here are way awesome, we get fed every night

I talked with Sauceda and he says the wedding for our investigators was way good. Lots of other investigators and Mexican families came, so that sounded cool.

My first Saturday here one of the branch presidents called in the afternoon and assigned us talks for the following day. They went all right I think. I had written something the night before, but while Elder Powell was speaking I jotted down a couple of notes and just talked about those. After wards the Branch President came up and told us he'd have to have us speak more often, so I guess we did better than we wanted to.

Another revelation I received upon arriving is that I got made the new District Leader. So I get to do all those fun jobs now, I have no idea what they are because I missed the training meeting because the Zone Leaders said I didn't need to go. But that's allright I'll learn on my feet. Yesterday was the first District Meeting (held in Spanish because we are all Spanish elders/hermanas) and in my opinion it was pretty terrible, but I don't know. It'll be better next week.

Well thanks for the letters, I love all of yall and I'll have more to say next week I'm sure. The Church is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment