Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What Happened with Transfers?

So, before I get to the bulk of email, what happened with transfers? Well, my number got picked out of the hat, so tomorrow I'm off to the Pasco Zone. I'll be working in Connell and Basin City, and to my understanding they are the equivalent of Boardman and Irrigon. So I'll still be the missionary isolated from all the rest of the zone, but that's all right. From what I've been told Connell is basically the same as Boardman as far as people and agriculture work, but about two times as big. It's a zebra area as well, Spanish and English. My new comp's name is Elder Powell. I met him briefly in the MTC and he seemed like a nice guy. He got into the field one transfer after me, so we are both very new. I'll be what we call, his "Greeny Buster." That is to say I'm the first companion after his trainer, so it's my job to end the Honeymoon phase for him. Should be fun. I talked with the Elder who's leaving there and he says that there are a ton of potential baptisms coming up, so that'll be cool.

This week has been pretty all right, I found out about the transfers yesterday, so we've been running all over the place to say goodbye to everyone. Some people took it really hard which was sad, but at the same time it's nice to see that I affected people that much. Nice to be wanted.

My bike is out of commission, the back tire is bent and the front tire is completely flat with a hole, so I wont be using it for a while, but that's all right because in the next area it sounds like I'll be exclusively driving. Also my debit card came in yesterday which was a huge relief because I had to completely empty out my mission card and borrow a little bit from Sauceda to pay my traffic ticket. So I wasn't to sure how I was going to by food when I got to Pasco, but life is good now

We bought our investigators their wedding license this week which was exciting. They are getting married this next Saturday on the 12th which is real cool, but I'll be in Pasco. Oh well that's the life of a missionary. They'll be baptized eventually, but they needs more time. The lady who we got the license from was super helpful, and she graciously ignored the elephant in the room that was their citizenship.

Thanks everyone for the emails, there were a lot, but that's good. Mom, you don't need to send me the emails from Elder Hudak, we're in touch. I'll send my new address next week. I got some real neat pictures the last week I'll try to send along too. I love you all and thanks for everything. The church is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment