Tuesday, May 24, 2011

All Settled In

Hello One and All,

Well, life in the WKM is pretty good these days. We're all settled in and in a routine in our new home. Our address is 4500 sheffield rd. We even started running every morning, so needless to say I'm big and buff and fit. Actually there's a pretty substantial hill at the end of the run coming back to the house, and every time I get to the top I feel like I'm on the verge of having a heart attack. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger right? Also I get reminded just how bad of joints I have (there's a lot of creaking and cracking and clicking going on).

The week's work was pretty good. We did awesome with getting members present in our lessons which is always desirable. This Saturday we will be having a baptism. And then another one next week, so we're excited for that.

Today for Pday the zone is going to some nearby waterfall. It should be a lot of fun, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures. Fun fact that dad and Eric will probably enjoy: This morning I was folding up laundry in our closet when I found an autographed football from Steve Young. I had to explain the significance of that to Elder Bao, but once he understood he thought it was pretty cool. I'd sneak it home for you dad, but it's autographed to "Trevor" sorry.

Mom, so this last week we went and visited this older member. She's almost 93, and still very active. She was a really neat lady and shared several cool stories with us. She also told us about a book that I thought you would really enjoy it's called Divine Signature The Confirming Hand of God, by Gerald N. Lund. The work and the glory guy. It's a compilation of inspiring missionary stories, and pioneer accounts from the good ol' days of persecution. And a genealogical question for you: Are we related to Robert Clifton? He's pioneer stock. The name sounded familiar to me for some reason.

On Friday we had a lot of mexicans asking us if the world was going to end the next day. Apparently some guy who predicted the end of the world back in 94 double checked his math and realized he forgot to carry a one or something and the actual end of the world was last saturday. We explained how not even the angels in heaven know when that will happen. But it did give us a few teaching opportunities, we asked people if they would like to know how God really communicates with us. And then...Prophets! So it was a good time.

On saturday we went to several parties, the first one was in the trailer park with all the spanish branch members. Hmno Cano was grilling and it was very tastey. Home made tortillas and orchata, what could be better. I had this awesome stew that you wrap up in your tortilla, I can't remember what it was called but I think it was pork or something...maybe chiva, I'm not to sure. But it was good. Then that night the ward had a dutch oven dinner over at this little private owned airport, that was also tastey. We had to run out early because one of our investigators called us and asked if we could come over right then.

Well, I think that just about does it for me this week. I'm really greatful to all of you for all that you do for me. Thanks Whit and Cody for the post cards, I have 4 to date (3 of them came yesterday). I hope all of you are doing good. Mom, could you do me a favor, get in contact with Ricardo, he wrote me a week or two back, but I'm not sure where to write back because I think the semester ends soon. Thanks everyone. The church is true, and God loves you.

Love,

Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment