Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Welcome back Eric

Hello One and All,

Well another enjoyable week has passed by here in the BC Connell. I was just catching up on Jess' blog, happy belated birthday to Benson. I hope you enjoy your Gecko, I remember Mike's old Gecko, that thing was mean, it bit everyone. So hopefully yours is better. A big welcome back to Eric, hopefully you can get out of the service asap and be nice and civilianized and move on with life. Mom, my easter package came in yesterday, (I opened it surrounded by 7 other elders and there was something of a feeding frenzy, but that's ok it was fun and there's still plenty left for me) thanks very much for that, also I got the Barnes and Nobles notification email, thank you for that as well. I am very excited for that to come. I guess that's my bad I didn't know you thought it was a church cd. We played one of the movements for our ballad junior year of marching band, it's been one of my favorites ever since. But my copy somehow got misplaced in whit's collection...hope you enjoy it!

So this week was pretty good. Unfortunately no baptisms. But we had three people interviewed and ready to get baptized any time as soon as we are able to get everything else worked out. I hope those happen before the end of the transfer. Last night was an exchange that was pretty fun. At the end of it all the spanish elders met up and slept at the ZL's apartment, so for those who know anything about missionaries and exchanges you'll know I use the term 'sleep' loosely. But it was a lot of fun. So I went out with a fairly new elder and inspected his area. We taught his baptismal candidate. Or that is we went over a couple of principles before he got up and used the chalkboard (we were in a church) to teach me everything he had learned since the missionaries started working with him. He went on for about 2 hours, so our night was kind of shot. But it was funny and cool to see how much he had retained from the lessons and church.

We did a lot of tracting this week and found a lot of potentials from it. It wasn't our best week number wise on account of zone conference and all that going down. We had a really fun lesson with a less active woman and her 3 young kids. The kids got really into it and we taught them primary songs and had a lot of fun getting them excited about coming to church. They will be key in reactivating the mother. She likes the church, she just hasn't been since she moved here. Really nice lady. Her oldest is 8 so maybe we can get him baptized (I don't know though because there father is pretty against the church.)

Well it was a good week, not too eventful. Enjoy the pics, we took them at a members house during a dinner appointment, it was pretty fun.

Love,

Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment