Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gettin' all Kinds of Wet

Hello One and All,

So another week has passed by, and a pretty good one at that. I guess first some business for mom. In regards to an Easter package, Reese's eggs are possibly the most delicious brand of Reese's there is. Useful things, I could really use a cd case. Also Sister Taylor gave me a box of junior mints and says it's from you, so thanks for that I suppose. The Taylors are really cool people.

So conference was awesome. We watched the first session after milking some cows and doing other farm work. I'll send some pictures next week, they're pretty good actually. Then we watched the first session with our members, after that we drove over to Connell to watch the second session at the church there. We were the only one's there so we flipped the tv around and watched from the more comfortable chairs on the stand. Priesthood session was particularly awesome. In between sessions we taught a lesson at the church to some people on track to be baptized.

Speaking of baptizing, this is going to be a pretty good week. We have a baptism tonight at 6 for the Basin City Spanish branch. Her name's Maria Elena, we've been working with her for a while, so this is exciting. Today is her birthday. President Whitby (the branch pres.) will be dunking her. Should be really cool. Me and Bao are giving the talks. Then on Saturday we'll be baptizing a brother and a sister for the Connell English ward. I'm pretty excited because these are my first baptisms since my trainer left. So hopefully from now on I'll be more successful with the training wheels off.

Last night we had FHE with Bishop Davidson and his family which was a lot of fun. Juan and Andres two recent converts came as well. So me and Elder Bao taught a pretty fun lesson about the ten commandments. Everyone enjoyed it. It's a really big family, and kids of all ages. They actually have a daughter who's serving down in Houston right now, I'm pretty sure. Also one of their older daughters looks exactly like a friend I had in college. It's borderline scary how similar they look. We also played games, sang songs, and participated in general merry making.

Well, I think that's everything notable of life as of now. The church is true. This is going to be a good week. And Jesus loves you. Thanks everyone for letters and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment