Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Finally a Rainy Day in Vancouver

Hello One and All,

So, let me think let me think let me think. I hate to say it but nothing sticks out in my mind about this last week. Thanks mom for all those birthday updates, it made me smile and remember a lot of people, maybe made me a little bit trunky, but that's ok it'll clear up before the day's through. Sounds like the family reunion will be awesome, hopefully Eric can make it.

So one neat story, yesterday we were out walking and this black guy in baggy pants, no shirt, and with tattoos all over his face neck and arms comes walking past us smoking a cigarette. We stopped to talk to him and ended up having a 15-20 minute lesson/chat with this really cool guy, Derik. He had had a troubled past (selling drugs and jail time) but he was turning things around and shared a real cool testimony of the bible with us. He was a really cool guy and we shook his hand, high fived him, gave him a hug, all that stuff, he was our buddy by the end of it. He kept telling us how he knew what he looked like, and people avoid him for that and he thanked us for talking with him because sometimes he gets lonely. Really nice guy.

We continue to work with Jose. He is really progressing, he's already finished Jacob in the Book of Mormon, but baptism is still a difficult subject with him. He knows he needs to be baptized, and he really wants to, but it's causing a lot of problems with him and his wife, she doesn't like the church and she doesn't like Elder Diaz and I. We want to catch her home so we can try to win her over, but if she knows we're coming she leaves the house. Hopefully she won't be a road block for Jose.

This morning we drove down a little past Portland to go on a hike with our zone. It was a lot of fun and I got some great pictures I'll send soon. It was another waterfall, but a lot tamer than the one in Pasco.

Well, I think that about covers things this week, hard to believe the transfers almost over. I love you all very much and I hope this weekend is a lot of fun for everyone. Be sure to take lots of pictures.

Love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment