Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Yet Another Last Week

Hello One and All,

Well I hope the mini reunion went great, and the big one for that matter. Sorry to hear about your health troubles Mike, that's got to suck. Eric, Happy Early Birthday, and many happy returns. Mom, I'm guessing that the word you meant to say was Hazel Dell, that's in my area, technically it would fall to the English elders here, but I would definitely go check things out first. Just let me know if you find an address.

Well life is pretty good this last week. We finally got some Vancouverish weather with clouds and even the occasional rain. Nifty! The big news we got from president Greer this morning is that Elder L. Tom Perry will be visiting our mission in August. So that'll be way cool.

Yesterday I did an exchange with one of the zone leaders, it went really well and we found a lot of people I can try back with Elder Diaz. It felt kind of good being the most Spanish fluent in the companionship for a day, it's been a while since I was with my only other white companion E. Powell. We went and had a lesson with Jose last night as well, so we are going to keep working with him and continue to try to help him work through a few things that have come to light recently.

One really cool thing that happened yesterday is that I oym'd (or street contacted) a deaf woman. There's a really cool less active kid (18 or 19, but he could pass off as 30) who likes to hang out with us when we walk through apartments. He speaks Russian, Italian, and is learning Spanish from us. He is also a professional asl translator. So he taught us a few things. I asked the woman if she would like to talk about Jesus, she said no thank you, but still I contacted a deaf lady. I also learned some valuable Russian from him that I haven't gotten to put into practice yet, but it's only a matter of time (there's a lot of Russians here).

I love you all, and hope to hear from everyone in the coming weeks.

Love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment