Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Start to a New Transfer



Hello One and All,

Well it was great to hear from you, mom, your email came just in time. To answer the question about when I started it was the 4th. And yes mom, copper may be getting old, but lets think positive here. Also, any word on where that cousin lives here in Vancouver?

So I guess the big news is we got the transfer information. I am staying here in Vancouver, E. Diaz will be going to Pasco, and I am expecting, that's right I'm going to be a daddy, or in other words I will be training a new missionary. I'll be picking him up tomorrow, so I'm excited to meet him. I don't know who it is, but Pres. Greer was telling me that he would be an Elder who doesn't speak Spanish (in the sense that he has been in the MTC trying to learn) so that should be interesting. Just to clear up all misconceptions, this is my first time training. I'm excited, hopefully we will be able to have some good success this transfer.

Attached are some of the pictures from our Pday waterfall hike a couple of weeks ago, it was a lot of fun. Some of those pictures were scary to take because my shoes have no traction left on them, and if you add in a several hundred foot cliff to that mix well, you see where I'm going with this.

This Saturday the branch will be having a picnic, so that should be a lot of fun, it'll be a real nice way to ease my greeny into things. Hopefully we can get a lot of people there. I'll be handing out a lot of invitations this week.

I guess a kind of funny story. We were oym-ing (street contacting) a lady at a bus stop the other day. We were having a lovely chat with her and things were good. We started to explain what the book of Mormon was because she had asked about that. I had just said "We believe..." When some old guy snuck up on us and says, "What they believe is that when you die you become a god and get your own planet!" And yelled other stuff at us, I didn't exactly keep a level head and kind of politely yelled at the guy as he was walking away. The lady we were talking to sympathized with us and asked for missionaries to come to her home, so we referred her to the English elders. Just another day in the life I suppose.

Well, I hope everyone has a super awesome week. I love you all and the church is true.

Love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment