Tuesday, August 16, 2011

News from Vancouver

Hello One and All,

Well today was a good day, it started off with a trip to the Portland Temple. It's absolutely beautiful and probably my new favorite temple. The Celestial room was absolutely gorgeous, and had two levels which surprised me.

The week was good, the district all preformed well. I had an exchange with one of the zone leaders, we actually sat next to each other on the plane coming out of the mtc, so it was cool to catch up with him and swap stories. It was his 11th month mark that day (he's English so he was only in the mtc for 3 weeks). I really enjoyed spending the day with him, and didn't mind that I had to talk to everyone because he doesn't speak Spanish.

We also found a particularly luscious blackberry bush that probably occupied 10 minutes of our time. Other than that nothing of huge note happened during the week. We went to go visit a potential and found the member daughter of one of the sisters' investigators and she asked us for a blessing. It was cool because afterwards she told us how every time she needs help or a blessing or anything the elders always show up right then. We weren't even looking for her, so that was a cool testimony builder.

Well, I know this is kind of short but I think that about does it for me this week. We're all getting ready to hear from E. Perry this next Monday.

Love,
Elder Richards

P.S.
Just so yall know, we'll be moving a week from tomorrow, I'll send the address next week. Every area I've lived in we've had to move, there's a lot of crap we have to get rid of from other missionaries so it should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment