Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Almost Finally Settled In

Hello One and All,

So, we are almost finally settled into the new apartment. We finally got the mountain of kitchen supplies put to use or stored away. That just leaves the need to find a truck to go pick up our couch, and a few other homey touches. We are loving the new digs, and it is nice having a place of our own without walking on eggshells because other people live there. The only down side is the giant glass door that goes to our balcony in front of the study/living area. It kind of puts us in a fish bowl kind of environment. Or at least it feels that way to me.

This week has been a really good one. The highest lesson count I've gotten in Vancouver, so that's a good start to the transfer.

We had stake conference for all of Washington and parts of Alaska. President Packer, Elder Holland, a 70 and the Young Women General president spoke. It was a very good meeting, and our investigator Jose loved it. During the adult session we couldn't find the translating headphones that other investigators were using, so I had to sit behind Jose and whisper the translation to him for one of the talks. It had been a while since I translated a meeting, but I did all right. Eventually we were able to find some headphones and I got to take a brake while he listened to the provided translator.

I'm very excited for next week. Wed-Fri there is a mission wide leadership training in the tri-cities that all mission leaders will be attending. So I get to take a little road trip and go see all my old comps/friends in the mission which will be a lot of fun. And I have complete confidence in E. Swenson taking care of the area while I'm gone.

Well, I know I haven't written too much, but this last week was pretty straight forward, work work work. I'm loving it out here. Last week was a little toasty (mid 90's) But yesterday it was gorgeous, and today is a nice overcast that I hope sets in for good. (I'm not being depressed, it would just be a nice change of pace).

I love you all, and hope everyone is doing very well!

Love,
E Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment