Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Back to Work




Hello One and All,

So, I guess there's a lot of things to say, I'll try to go chronologically.

Last Wednesday I headed off to tri-cities in a van full of missionaries. The following three days were filled with a lot of awesome lessons to be learned, and what I was most excited about, I got to work in my old area with my old companion Elder Bao. It was me him and two other way cool elders. We had a lot of fun, and since I already knew the area I got to go off with the other extra elder looking up my old investigators and having lessons with them. It was interesting to see that everyone I visited had been praying for me the day before, or feeling that morning that they were going to see me soon. It was so nice to be able to be back there. It was like going home, and I got to see almost all of my old companions and other cohorts which was great. We learned a ton of great things in the training as well. And leadership training wouldn't be complete without the carne asada barbq party for all Spanish missionaries visiting. See pic.

Come weekend time the church was back up and running which was good. We had our usual attendant Jose there, and then at sacrament meeting Alex and his son Josiah arrived (they came to the branch activity). They are super solid and I can really see them progressing far. We had a really good lesson with them last night, that we got out of a little bit late, but it was still really good. We showed them the restoration DVD and then explained about the priesthood authority being restored.

Today for Pday we went to the punchbowl falls in Oregon. It was a really pretty hike, but maybe not as grand and impressive as some of the other waterfalls we've visited during the mission. That's why I'm so late in writing, we were only just now able to make it to the library.

Congrats mike on a baby boy, that's way exciting! And Joy and Scott, you're little girl is so cute, I'm really happy for yall!

Here in the mission we're all getting excited for conference, it'll be way good, it always is. I can't wait to listen to the words of a prophet again.

This transfer is really flying by. It should be interesting to see where I end up for Halloween. I've always gotten transferred after 3 transfers in an area, so we'll see if the pattern holds true. Going back to BC Connell, really made me want to work there again, but hopefully we can get some baptisms before I go wherever it is I'll go.

Well, I guess that's all for this week, I love yall and hope you have an awesome week!

Love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment