Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mingled Rain and Sun



Hello One and All,

Well, I haven't even started writing yet and I'm already burned out on writing. Crazy.

Last week was way good, especially conference. For half of the time we listened in Spanish and the other half was English. But it was such a good conference. My favorite statement came from president Uchtdorf when he said that Compared to God we are nothing, but to Him we are everything. He really hit the nail on the head with that one. And nothing like a little hell fire preaching from E. Holland. Fun times. Our investigator Jose came to a few sessions and loved it. He was so excited to hear a prophet speak.

I'm just finishing up an exchange from yesterday. Another elder in the district came and joined me for the day. Elder Dyas (pronounced Die-ez). We had a lot of fun, he's a convert of about 2 years, and has a lot of funny stories. We actually have a lot in common. He had a tape recorder that his lady friend on a mission sent. So I was helping him fill up a response tape (p.s. if anyone wants to send a tape I have a player that I can listen to it I'm ...just sayin).

Next week we have zone conference so that should be a lot of fun and very enlightening. We're also getting members at every appointment that we can, it's really a blessing to the work. Vancouver is really turning into a successful area. There's a lot of baptisms right around the corner. But I probably won't be here to see them come to fruition. Is that a real word? I'm not sure...oh well it's not important. It's always great to hear from yall. Keep up the good things in your lives.

Love,
Elder Richards

p.s. Thanks mom for the info on the contacts, 3 months is better than no months, and I could probably stretch it a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment