Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ding Dong Wedding Bells

Hello One and All,

Well another week has come and gone in the WKM. It's crazy hard to believe how fast this last transfer went and to think that transfer calls are just a few days away again. It's always a fun time of year (or transfer as it were). The other night I dreamed that I would be involved in training over in Sellah. So as I am always known to say: "vamos a ver" We'll see. More or less.

The work continues to go swimmingly here in Vancouver. The rain is constantly trying to settle in for the winter, but every couple of days it gets foiled by the sun. Today is one of those such days. Lucky for us it falls on a pday. (Call me crazy but I love doing missionary work in the rain.) Maybe it's because it keeps you nice and cool and not sweaty, maybe it's because of the common held belief that the more time spent in the rain the more attractive your future spouse will be, who knows. All I know is I like it.

This last Saturday we spent the majority of the morning giving service to the Escalona family whose oldest daughter was getting married that night. I set up and pinned more chair covers than I care to remember. My thumb still bares the marks of a thousand safety pin stab wounds. Fun fact: Josolyn (the girl getting married) and her family are converts from my dear old papi elder Montoya. And now I and my posterity get to witness the fruits of his labor. She married Joel a way cool recent convert/RM. The wedding was a nice diversion from the routine and a lot of fun. Plus Brother Woodland made his bomb potato salad. Another strange result of the mission, I now love potato salad. Whenever it's available at a dinner (which regrettably isn't often) I can't get enough of it. I guess my taste buds have matured some more. Sorry mom for years of smack talk against your potato salad, I just didn't know what I was missing.

We ran into a little stumbling block with one of our best investigators yesterday. We found him quite drunk and depressed about his lot in life. We talked him through it a little bit and prayed with him. Hopefully he'll have sobered up for tonight's visit so we can help him out more. He's a super nice guy and just hit his breaking point. I know the gospel can help him.

Jose continues to flourish as our golden investigator, he is in the process of searching for work, we're praying that he'll find something that doesn't require him to move out of the Vancouver area.

Hmm...well I hate to say it but I think that that is everything worthy of mentioning at the moment. There's always a lot more that goes on than what I write about, but I try to leave out the dull day to day stuff and just talk about particularly interesting things.

Anywho, I love all of you (whoever all this gets forwarded to) and hope all is well with you and yours. Thanks for the letter whit and grandpa. The church yes is true, and I truly love preaching it in the Lord's chosen language, espanol.

Much amor,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment