Monday, March 26, 2012

Adventures In Boardman

Hello One and All,

Well a big congrats to Whit and Cody and little baby boy. Looking at all the pictures I made a few observations: Cody's hair is getting pretty long, Mike seems to be getting a bit heavier (no offense, it's happening to me too), and the kids look great and sooo big.

It's been a pretty good week. This week's crazy act of service/priesthood use was burrying a dog, and then dedicating the grave. Fun times in a hick town. The young man in question seems to be coping fairly well at this point. The week itself was pretty productive and enjoyable. Our baptism did go through which was very exciting and now the rest of the family wants to be baptized so in another couple weeks we should be having another baptism. Hopefully I'll be around for it. But this being the last week of transfers anything is possible. The leading hypothesis is that I get transferred to where ever my last area will be, and that Hardy lives out the remainder of his days here in Boardman. Vamos a ver.

Friday night we got a call from a family in the ward who was having their 8 year old daughter Emily baptized on Saturday. Apparently Emily had asked for "the missionary that had been here before" to confirm her at the baptism. So I got to do that which was cool. She was the cutest little thing. Then that evening we had our own baptism that went awesomely, and afterwards we had a great discussion with the family at Mickey D's. The next day Maria (the girl who got baptized) did not have a ride to church because her mom had to work. So we rushed out to go get her about 5 minutes before the meeting started. We got back not too late and while I was scrambling trying to get the translating equipment passed out to everyone I realized it was awful quite in the chapel so I hurried and dashed up to the stand to give the opening prayer. Then afterwards I got to confirm Maria, so what started out a little crazy and hectic, ended very well. And now Maria is an official Mormon. Afterwards I got to translate for 2 hours straight and was left very drained for the duration of fast Sunday.

We also found a bunch of other people that we have started teaching so things are going pretty well for the work here in Boardman. I'm really excited for General Conference this next weekend. Always a good time. The sun staying out late these days is really weirding me out, a lot of the houses that up until now we've only visited in night time look like completely new houses.

Love,
Elder Richards



No comments:

Post a Comment