Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Still Tetanus Free


Hello One and All,

This week was pretty good I suppose. Our district got changed up. Me and Hardy got kicked out of ours and switched out with another companionship to be in the other district in the Hermiston Stake. Not the end of the world I suppose, but still a shake up in my otherwise nice routine.

We gave service at a dog shelter. Not as fun as it sounds. We took out as many dogs on walks as we could, that part was alright. It was the dragging them out of bathroom stained cages and forcing them back in that was not so fun. But at the very least we got to run around playing with dogs for a little while.

Another day we were having dinner with the Bishop out in the sticks, so we decided to go early and find all the secluded houses we could and see if anyone had some potential. We found a woman who usually is at work, but fortunately enough had taken that day off, sort of a 1 in a 100 circumstance because otherwise we would have never found her or gone back to that house. We taught her and she invited us back to teach her whole family, so we will see how that goes tomorrow evening.

We've been looking up a lot of my former investigators from a year ago which has been interesting. Some of them are basically right where I left them in their lives, but others are more open and willing to listen, so hopefully we can get some success out of them.

We put Maria Romero on date. She's the oldest daughter (15) in the family. Her mom wants to get baptized, but needs more time to get ready. So we'll be having a baptism in about 2 weeks which will be awesome. After she accepted the invitation, we celebrated by getting facials. Her mom sells Mary Kay supplies, and has lots of samplers lying around. Also it was Hardy's 21st bday so we had some fun. So Inez (the mom) gave us instructions and guided us through a facial. It was cool I guess. My skin was very soft afterwords.

Saturday was a day of service for us. We spent the morning throwing out scrap metal for a family in the ward. I cut my leg on some old piping, but my jaw has yet to lock up, so I'm assuming I'm in the clear. After that we went and washed the Romero's car (on a side note we did a terrible job and will be rewashing it tomorrow) and they treated us to delicious papusas afterwards. (Mom and Dad, if yall end up coming out that's one thing that must be experienced, the papusa truck in boardman. I missed it this last year...) While we were eating, two sharp looking satelite salesmen knocked on the door. And like most door to door salesmen, they were mormons that recently completed their own missions. So we had fun chatting with them for a little while.

On sunday we helped teach the 7 year old primary class. It was all about how to be missionaries. They all had some good comments and contributions, and afterwords we got cupcakes, that was my favorite part. Translating makes me very tired and very hungry, so usually we go scrounging after church trying to find as much food as possible. After a few more visits we went and had a big lunch at the Corpus' house which is always fun. I spent my first Thanksgiving and Christmas with them.

But yeah it was a good week. There are some big and exciting things coming up. Lots of potential, and lots of service.

Love,

Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment