Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Plastered In Oregon

Hello One and All,

Sorry about the email confusion. Today we had a temple trip so Pday and Monday were swapped. Just like the good ol' days, and yet it feels weird this way. The temple was awesome, a good spiritual boost. Also I got to reconnect with some old companions which was way fun. I had time to think a little and especially about my current situation. 21 years old (almost) and 3 months left of the mission. I made the mental decision that I want to work my backside off these last 3 months. Not that I haven't been working already, but really throw my all in. I'm sure you know what I mean. Dad, in regards to mother's day call: My church is 10-1, so feel free to pick a time that works for everyone, (for me after my church is best, so afternoon or evening probably) and send me the conference number and I will call in. Mom, I got a package on Monday, thanks very much. The cowboy hat has already been put to use, but everything else is still unopened. Whit and Cody I got your package, thanks very much. We are already planning out drive-by's.

The week has been a good one. We got our tire situation all resolved. So that's a happy thing of the past. The work continues onward. We rototilled a garden, which went well. Halfway through the project we went and talked with a recovering drug addict and gave him a blessing which was cool.

On Sunday the bishopric got reorganized which made for an enjoyable and spiritual meeting. The new bishop was a big surprise to everyone, a very quite shy man, but he'll raise to the occasion I'm sure. It made me reflect a lot on when dad was called/released from bishop.

Partridge and I recently discovered that we both know the Otis family, are they still around? Whatever happened to them?

This Saturday we have an awesome birthday party planned with a recent convert, and investigators and members, it's going to be awesome. Also on Saturday we have interviews with President and Sister Greer, and the Romero's baptism is all set to happen that morning. So we are pretty excited for this weekend to arrive.

So yeah, life is good. Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Hope everyone has a great week.

Love,
Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment