Monday, May 14, 2012

Adios Boardman ...Again

Hello One and All,

It was awesome talking with everyone yesterday. Fun times for sure. So you pretty much know of my goings ons. On Wednesday morning I'll be driving down to Hermiston to catch a van going to tri cities. From there I'll jump another van (or maybe car) heading up to Yakima, and from there it's shank or be shanked! In all seriousness though, I am really bummed to be leaving Boardman/Irrigon, I've made a lot of really close friends, and it'll be sad to say goodbye. But I guess the Lord needs me to do something up in Yakima.

After the phone call yesterday we began what was the greatest mother's day ever! (Enclosed are some pictures of the merry-making). So I called from the Brownings' house, they are an awesome couple in the ward that got baptized about 5 or so years back. Really cool conversion story. And now they are working on getting all of their kids baptized, (they're all grown and gone, except for Tory, he got baptized a few months ago and is living at home, he's 24). So after the call we went out back and visited for a while. Sis. Browning went and picked up Kristyn, one of our investigators that she is basically a second mom to. I tried my hand at horse whispering again, and apparently I did pretty good because when I dismounted the Brownings asked me if I'd ridden before. Philmont trip aside, I haven't, and I don't think that really counted, (dad knows what I mean). Then we had a tasty barbeque. Then we played croquet, Bro. Browning whooped all of us. Then the sun had started setting, so we broke in Sis. Browning's mother's day present: a new fire pit! Jokes, Ghost stories, and toasted marshmallows. It was one of those nights that I won't soon forget, and was a lot of fun.

Well, enjoy the pics. I love you all and hope everyone had a very happy mother's day.

Love,

Elder Richards




No comments:

Post a Comment