Friday, April 16, 2010

The Joys of Acting

Last night I filmed what will be my last student film for a long time. This makes my third starring role. Two main characters and one supporting character. The first film I was the roommate who helps the main character get a job as a mechanic. In the second film I was a newly hired employee for Pranksters Inc. getting trained on my first night on the job. My final film I was an employee of some company trying to work up the courage to talk to the love of my life who I ride in the elevator with every day. For the most part each character was pretty much me as a person, so it was very easy for me to act. The funny thing is that each one of the films was for a TMA 185 class, so I show up in half of the classes projects. I'm a star! I have really enjoyed each of the projects, but I would have to say that the one I enjoyed the most was the third one. The elevator one. So the story of my casting in these movies was I went to an audition. That got me the part in the first two, and a different third one, but due to scheduling conflicts I had to pull out of that one. Moving on, so I got the part in the third one because the guy who did the lights for the pranksters movie called me up a couple of days ago and asked me to be in his. And that is how I got into all of them movies. I will post links to them once they finish getting edited and whatnot. I am very excited to see the final products. Now then, let me tell the story of why last night's shoot was my favorite. Hmm...after a few minutes of typing the story and thinking about it, I have decided not to share the story. Better to let it be a surprise, because it is hilarious, and it was a HECK of a surprise to me. That is, I mean that it was contrary to what the script said, I'm guessing for the reason of getting a genuine reaction out of me. So, with that I shall leave you in suspense. Fare the well.

5 comments:

  1. she kissed you didn't she and then left the elevator and the camera just stayed on you to watch your reaction.
    yep...i'm good, i know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That or she slapped you and the camera stayed on your face filming you cry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or they cut the elavator chord and filmed me falling to a explosiony death!...wait a second...

    ReplyDelete