Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Musings of a Fevered Brain

So, every once in a while I have what I believe to be a good blog post come to me while I am away from a computer, or do not have access to one. In these situations I write down my thoughts and type them up later, that way I don't forget what could be considered a good idea. Well, apparently I did this last night because when I woke up this morning I found the following entry written down next to my bed. I don't mean to toot my own horn or anything, but given the circumstances I was in at the time, I'd say this is pretty good...


Don't you hate that feeling? You know the one. When you're lying awake in bed at 1:40 in the morning. Quietly ticking away the hours, wondering when sleep will take you. But alas, both the Sandman and Morpheus seem to be giving you the silent treatment. You already know how vindictive and bitter those two can be and you sincerely regret whatever it is you did to invoke their wrath. Your eyelids are heavy with exhaustion, but no comforting sleep comes. Perhaps it is because of the extremely sedentary life style you led today. Or maybe it is because you slept off and on until 3 o'clock this afternoon respectively. The only thing you can be sure of is that you truly and deeply hate being sick. Oh that I might lure the Sandman to my humble abode. Or gain favor in the eyes of Morpheus. But I do not know what bate to use, and who knows where I could get a sacrificial goat at this hour. Alas, sweet dreams....

No comments:

Post a Comment